1) The false promise of an Aristocracy of Everyone: The false pretense of aristocratic oppression of the classes rather than continuous domestication and evolution of man, like plants, beasts, metals he had domesticated before he domesticated himself.
2) The false promise of the nature of man – man is amoral: practical and must be. The false promise of the malleability of man: man is no different from any other domesticated beast and no more malleable – the best we can do is create incentives to deny him the negative leaving him to survive by the positive. The false promise of the equality of man in ability, potential, and circumstance
3) The false promise that we were free from physical (cost – scarcity), natural (cooperative-competitive), and evolutionary (inequality – the red queen) laws of the universe, to which western man, his thought, his customs, his traditions, his institutions, his laws, had uniquely adapted, and his unique religion of pagan tragedy that lionized man for the burden of those laws – laws that are not those of a benevolent universe or benevolent creator.
The primacy of man over god and nature because he sought to transcend them by his intelligence, cunning, and his labors, by bending the universe to his will, and making an Eden of it – despite the hostility of God and universe to the transcendence of man into gods.
His Christian religion that promised the opposite – a benevolent god and universe – in exchange for obedience to the aristocracy, and their continuation of continuous transcendence of man.
But in the main;
1) Democracy as via positiva director rather than via-negativa Jury for funds and policy; ensuring that quality policy cannot succeed, and an eternal battle for rent-seeking.
2) Failure to add houses for classes as the economy expanded, thus creating the inverse of Aristocracy (rule by the worse) – instead of our tradition of aristocracy with houses for the classes to prevent abuses of the economy that made our transcendence possible.
3) Failure to restore our traditional religion (mindfulness, tragedy) upon the exposure of the Christian religion, and leaving the majority without one, and Christians desperate to preserve the false promise, while the aristocratic world that parented them, and made their world, collapsed – turning them into third worlders who lack that aristocracy – causing the inevitable consequences: demise.
4) The failure to assist in the transcendence of Germany on land as we had Britain on sea, and Russia in Anatolia, and as such, the subsequent the destruction of the colonial program by which we profitably sought to unite the world and drag it kicking and screaming out of ignorance, superstition, poverty, disease, suffering, and death, and leaving a wake of chaos behind us. The looting of the British empire rather than its restoration after the war. The failure to domesticate china – all errors of Christianity, not Aristocracy.
5) The failure to continue the pre-war eugenic program, false demonization of an enemy over his use of it, in order to compel the people to sacrifice in war. The costly inability to restore that program and the tradition of the continuous domestication of man afterward. And the west’s total abandonment of that tradition by the tolerance for immigration that had reversed his thousands of years of evolution – thus ending the speciation of Europeans from the rest of man, and the european transcendence of himself, and man, into gods he imagined.
The core? We believed our own lies. We are never free of those laws, we merely continuously struggle against them – they are the instructions of the universe, and the universe’s god, and Heroism and Tragedy the Only Religion of a people that does not fail to transcend the beast man. Every other civilization failed to discover and apt to those laws – they LACK THE COURAGE TO DO SO.
Only western man had the courage. none other.
But the middle that rules under commercial democracy was not aristocracy (parent, paternal), but adolescent or feminine, seeking customers, approval, and love rather than achievement. Not aristocratic and pagan but Christian and hedonist.
We stopped being the agents of the universe and the universe’s god’s laws of physical, natural, and evolutionary law, because commerce, finance, and government extraction were more profitable, and we lit the kindling when we allowed pandora to accept from her electoral box – for she is dysgenic in her heart, and her instinct is to undermine the gods at all times.
That is why.
(I can probably do better with a dozen revisions or so but that’s pretty close)