Cost of living in Ukraine. My monthly expenses
-Olga Reznikova, Kiev, Ukraine
(curt: my point in sharing this is to illustrate what it is possible for monthly costs to be in a big city.)
How much does life in Ukraine cost? How much does life in USA or Germany, hehe? It so much depends on the lifestyle, but today I will explain to you exactly by example.
Let me give you input. My expenses consist of my family with kid + my parents (5 people). So how much I am spending?
- Rent of apartment in Kiev – 400$ per month. Bills for apartment – around 40$ in warm season and 150$ in heating season.
- Bills for my parent’s apartment – 30$ per month + 50$ heating.
- Internet – 15$ per month for both apartments
- Mobile bills – 10$ per person per month, with 20 GB data plan.
- Kindergarten – 15$ per month, but it is governmental. State kindergarten would cost around 400$ per month.
- Food – my family spend around 400$ per month for food, and my parents need around 250$ per month.
- Car – 250$ per month for loan.
- Fuel – 200$ per month, if drive only in city.
- 3rd party car insurance – 15$ per year
- Full car insurance – @1000USD per year.
- Entertainment – around 200$ per month (kid’s playground, festivals etc).
So in total every month for bills and mandatory payments I need approximately $1,200 USD every month or $14,400/yr for a family of five, or 3k/per person, per year.