Feb 9, 2020, 6:20 PM
WHERE DID IT START?
—“What part of the world did the gene for “higher IQ” start, and why?”—
1) We seem to have been continuously evolving intelligence for a long time. It’s very difficult to make a case for intelligence developing in other than africa. It’s easy to make the case that between exiting africa and the present, selection pressure may have put serious upward pressure on groups in higher latitudes. But there isn’t any difference between a guy with a 140 iq from Ghana, a 140 iq from Beijing, a 140 IQ from Persia, and a 140 IQ from England that isn’t reducible to minor variations in the bias between verbal-experiential and spatial-mechanical abilities.
2) As far as I know, neoteny (reduction of rate and depth of sexual maturity) provides us with most of our gains in intelligence.
3) As far as I know the difference between the classes is genetic load (accumulated defects) in the lower classes.
4) As far as I know the primary difference between the races and sub races is the relative size of the lower classes, meaning that some groups are burdened with many more lower IQ people per high IQ person. This explains differences in averages.
5) As far as I know races, subraces, classes, and genders vary a bit by standard deviation in both intelligence, and personality traits, with both appearing to reflect degree of neoteny (asians most, then whites then mixes, then africans)
6) as far as I know there is no gene for higher IQ, so much as lower genetic load, larger brain volume, neurological density, and more time to mature. In other words, it works the other way around.
7) So you want a small lower class, the optimum degree of neoteny, a big brain with lots of neurons. Han Chinese (most Chinese are not Han) have large round heads, are highly neotenous to the point of producing negative side effects (higher emotional instability), and it seems that their intellectual peak is early.
8) The delta in intelligence between groups appears limited in the upper classes (at the same level of intelligence) but there appears to be different ability in the way intelligence is expressed between europeans, ashkenazi (half european jews), and east asians.