Mar 28, 2020, 1:46 PM
(more nitwit kantians)
Science is just the application of law to the market for knowledge. Norms for the limit of normative behavior. Law for the limit of criminal behavior. Tradition for the intergenerational transfer of science, norms, and laws.
A paradigm of related ideas that permit one to comprehend possibilities, think, and act upon them. Knowing, the utility of that knowledge, the utility of that knowledge across increasing numbers, and the truth or falsehood of that knowledge are four different things:
2-Cooperative Scope of Utility between people,
3-Utility in Resolving Conflicts Between Paradigms, and
4-Limiting others from spreading harmful ways of knowing.
Young men are concerned with the first two, because you have no meaningful responsibilities. Those of us with responsibilities for groups of people care about all four. This is no different from the moral bias of the left specializing in just care and proportionality, while conservatives hold a consistent across the spectrum including reciprocity, loyalty ,and purity.
DEMAND FOR METHODS OF KNOWING
Yes, we need a series of paradigms across the spectrum from the intuitive to rational to the calculative in order to satisfy the demands for decidability suitable for satisfying the demand for infallibility across the spectrum of abilities of different human beings of different genetics, ages, experiences, and training. That does not mean that the most precise system of measurement (paradigm) will not continuously provide higher resolution and greater falsification over the more intuitive. It will. It is better to say that it is useful for the best of us to learn the empathic (child), rational(young adult), and scientific (mature adult) languages.
THE FUNCTION OF SCIENCE IN THE RESOLUTION OF DISPUTES OVER UTILITY OF KNOWLEDGE AND THE PROHIBITION OF FALSE AND HARMFUL KNOWLEDGE
1. Yes, we can and do use almost any paradigm or paradigms to imagine possibilities.
2. The means by which we come to an idea (hypothesis) has no bearing on the possibility, good or bad, truth or falsehood of it.
3. The premises that such an idea must depend upon limit the deductions, inductions, abductions, and free associations that one develops from it.
4. It’s that all arguments in all frames CAN be made commensurable by the same system of measurement.
5. That system of measurement consists of what which we can testify to.
6. Science is the discipline in which we test whether these are testifiable and as such whether they are false.
7. There is no more parsimonious commensurable internally consistent externally correspondent and complete paradigm by which to test all human thought.
8. It is this competition for coherence consistency correspondence and completeness that provides the test of whether propositions are comprehensible, undecidable, testifiable, a truth candidate, or false
9. This market has and continues to continuously reorganize the paradigm we call science and the sciences.
There is no other method of testifying about reality than science.
10. That is the premise of science: testimony.
Not the means of obtaining knowledge.
The means of falsifying knowledge across contexts.
AFTER GREAT INNOVATIONS IN PARADIGMS, THERE IS GREATER VALUE IN ELIMINATING ERROR THAN IDENTIFYING NEW TRUTHS
This is the period we are in now. We are continuing to falsify the anti-Darwinan revolution by Marx, Freud, Boas, Derrida, Friedan, etc.
SCIENCE CANT END, BECAUSE KNOWLEDGE CANT END, SO PARADIGMS CANT END
1. Even if we discover the fundamental rules of the universe across the spectrum – even to thoughts, we can develop potentially infinite combinations of paradigms upon them. In other words the utility of science will shift from discovery of fundamental laws to the greater application of those laws.
2. The spectrum of the most parsimonious paradigm shifts as opportunities for action shift.
3. The set of narratives across the spectrum of abilities will gradually adapt to the seizure of those opportunities.
4. We will always have empathic narratives, rational rules, and methods of calculation to satisfy the demands of people with lesser and greater ability, lesser and greater agency, and lesser and greater responsibility.
KNOWLEDGE IS LIMITED BY AGENCY
At some point we cannot easily learn more without acting. At present we cannot afford to run tests in physics and medicine.
And agency is limited by organization of energy.
Mathematics (the logic of a positional names) is the simplest possible language (paradigm, logic, grammar, vocabulary, syntax) of constant relations. It has only one relation: position. Because it has only one possible constant relation, it is far less subject to error than all other languages.