—“Pattern recognition isn’t the problem, it’s the “imputing conscious intent” where none exists or cannot be demonstrated.”— (Daniel and others)
Why? Bias of brain and subsequent consciousness to think through an empathic lens rather than a systemic and material lens. The herd bias of empathy when grazing vs the pack bias of systems when hunting. The masculine brain sees systems where the feminine brain sees intentions.
There is a place for religion and it is a necessary place for the mammal inside.
DEBT: Where worship means demonstration of appreciation for inheritance: debt.
– Nature worship (debt)
– Kin and Ancestor worship (debt)
– Gods, demigods, heroes and saints worship (debt)
CAPITALIZATION: And training in mindfulness:
– Action: Heroism – achievement (cost)
– Reason: stoicism – self authoring (cost)
– Experience: epicureanism – community building (cost)
REWARD: And the Ritual of the Feast – building community.
– The Gathering, The Fire, The Call (reward)
– The Parable, The Oath, the Testimony (reward)
– The Sacrifice, The Feast, The Thanks (reward)
– The Celebration (festival), The Sport(competition), The Dispersal (rest) (reward)
RULES: There are three sets of laws evident in the structure of the universe whether those laws were made by structural consequence, the design of divinity, or the hand of god.
– The laws of nature. (physical limits)
– The natural law of Sovereignty and Reciprocity (personal limits)
… – With the christian law of love improving upon natural law
– The evolutionary law of transcendence of man into gods. (political limits)
Grow up, Man up, Shut up, Show up.