– The Alchemy of man
– The Magic of witches (women)
– The Spirits(ghosts) of Men and Women
– The Elves of local nature.
– The Greek and Roman Gods of natural forces.
– The Christian God usurping Jupiter and Zeus in name only.
This is, as I understand it, the paganism of germanic man.
—“Ye elves of hills, brooks, standing lakes and groves,
And ye that on the sands with printless foot
Do chase the ebbing Neptune, and do fly him
When he comes back; you demi-puppets that
By moonshine do the green sour ringlets make
Whereof the ewe not bites; and you whose pastime
Is to make midnight mushrooms, that rejoice
To hear the solemn curfew; by whose aid,
Weak masters though ye be, I have bedimmed
The noontide sun, called forth the mutinous winds,
And ‘twixt the green sea and the azured vault
Set roaring war – to the dread rattling thunder
Have I given fire, and rifted Jove’s stout oak
With his own bolt;…” — The Tempest, 5.1