—“How do you verify truth?”—
Verification is a method of falsification not a means of identifying truth. No matter how many excuses you make (justifications) that does not provide us with confidence of truth.
Instead…. Survival, not Proof.
You eliminate all falsehoods, and what remains is a truth candidate. You eliminate all falsehoods by attempting to falsify each dimension of actionable reality. And you do so to defend against fictionalisms (lies).
- Identity (categorical consistency)
- Logical (internal consistency)
- Empirical (external correspondence)
- Operational (existential possibility)
- Rational (rational choice)
- Reciprocal (reciprocally rational)
- Complete (scope, limits, and parsimony)
- Coherent (across all these tests)
- Warranty (warranty of having performed these tests).
If all premises and arguments pass these attempts at falsification one may have a truth candidate. Otherwise one does not.
This is as certain as the laws of physics, mathematics, and logic.
It is very hard for a statement to survive these tests, to give that testimony, and to warranty it.